Friday, October 10, 2008

The Flights

I am in Australia. It’s so hard to take in all at once. My eyes are red-rimmed, my face white, and my body sluggish, yet still little bursts of energy creep upon me. I have had some long flights, yet great flights. I have slept a total of around 4 hours in the last thirty five or so hours. To explain all the little details of these flights, the people I met, and the things I have already seen makes me burst with excitement. I don’t have hours to tell you everything but I thought I would type out a piece of my journal which should give you a small taste of the conversations I have shared with those who were created by the same God.

...The flight attendents were sweet as I stepped on the plane and yet, I was quickly distracted as I quickly began to look ahead to find my seat number, 22A. More importantly, who was I going to be sitting beside. As I found my seat, my nerves calmed as I excused myself to get past a mother and a daughter so I could get to my seat by the window. They were both beauitufl. They were kind and soft featured. As I sat in 22A, reality sank in. I am going to Australia. Physically it looks like I am alone. I am not going alone, but with God. I turned on my ipod and listened to Chris Rice, and when the song Carry Your Candle played I was moved. The tears came. I didn’t want to bring attention to myself, so I tried to discretely whip the tears from my eyes. But like now, they just can’t be stopped. I have seen families, young lovers, children, family, business men and women and it seems to always bring me to home. I think of the beautiful mother and her daughters at home....but we got to be children of God. We are called to take Big Leaps and challenges in His Name. So with my will, I will follow Him. I am reminder by a bracelet, a special gift, that God guides me and tells me directly in which ways I am to act. The fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, patience,kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. God is my strength...As I continued to talk to this family beside me, the husband came and sat by me and talked about travels. As he asked me what I was doing, he was so interested and attentive. He said to me with te softest eyes and kindest hearts, “God Bless You”. That was enough. He might of not known it, but this was just telling me once more that God is totally behind this all. Not only is He behind it, but He’s ahead of it too. God is with me. When we search for God, God will reveal Himself to us.


Psalm 46:10


I don’t know if that says much to you, but it’s alive in me. These feelings, this goodness. IT all comes from Him, the Giver of Life. I don’t have anyone, or anything to feel comfortable with. This is all new to me, and it’s crazy and scary. I miss my home and all its luxious comforts, just being with the people we love. But right now, God is working something really big in me. Just all the little things that are happening .


So update: I am going to land in Townsville in an hour and a half. I have meet five lovely ladies who are taking up a challenge to learn and understand God through Reef to Outback too, thus hopefully creating a stronger relationship with Christ. The transitions of flights have gone excellent. I haven’t gotten lost or forgotten documents any where. I am living off the excitement God has planted in me, but yet my body is fighting back.


Thanks you all for your continual prayer support. I pray that all things are going just as great at home. Please continue to pray as this journey has only begun. There much power in prayer, and we should not underestimate it. God is truly full of surprises.

‘All this, and Jesus too?’

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
We're so glad to know you're there, safely. Sorry we missed your call tonight. I can't wait to see some pictures, and hear more of the stories. I hope you're getting caught up on your sleep. We're praying for you.
Love,
Mrs. L

Anonymous said...

HURRAY LISA!!you made it to Australia! Im so happy for you! I thought id leave a comment since you told me you would love that! :) so i did! remember always that i love you and will always pray for you! :)
LOve Steph