Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Outreach


"...Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature" Mark 16:15


A missionary is an individual or a group of people who partake in a mission of Christ by serving other people; becoming the hands and feet of Jesus Christ.


On October 14th at 9:30pm, I was given the locations of where my possible outreach will be. There are three locations I am able to choose from. I am starting to hate that sentence already...”three locations I am able to choose from”. My life is not about me, nor should it ever be. I desire to go where the Lord leads, but I am scared my personal desires will interfer. I want to be open with where God calls, but when my minds constantly tells me where I want to go, I lose track of God’s voice and leading. It’s as simple as we all know it, seek the Lord through His Word and Prayer. This week is a time a prayer and I ask that you take part in this prayer.



Meditating scripture and prayer is the remedy. I am going to ask you, the readers of these blogs, my friends and family, to uplift me in your prayers. My request is that you pray that I may keep a clear conscious mind, open to the Lord’s leading and guiding, and that I may not be persuaded by my own selfish desires. In the upcoming week I need to have a decision made so I need all the prayers and encouragement I can get. All the students are not talking about the outreach with one another so they will not be persuaded by others. Right now I want to enter my brothers and sisters back at home into helping me understand where I should go. We all need to be obedient to God. So with your prayers and mine, I pray that God would lead me in the right direction.

These are my three choices of outreaches:


1: Palm Island / Mount Isa – within North Queensland
· Focus: Indigenous & youth



2: Darwin & East Timor - Northern Territory & newest country yet seeming one of the poorest
· Focus: Poverty & Injustice



3: Thailand – Patia – sex trade capital
· Prostitution (team of all girls)


“...And if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in the sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame.You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.”
Isaiah: 58: 10-12

Take Time In Prayer.

Lead and Guide Me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa.
Wow you have some amazing opportunities coming your way. I'm sure making the initial choice will be difficult, but I know that wherever God leads you, you will be blessed and be a blessing.
I'll keep you continuously in my prayers as you continue to get settled, and I hope things are going well.

Cheryl.

Unknown said...

i will definitely keep that in my prayers, thats a big decision.. God bless!
jon van egg

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the Lord is leading you by putting a desire in your heart, by giving you a love for the people you are called to serve.
Love you & praying for you,
Aunt Joanne

Ange said...

Lisa,
lots of big opportunities ahead of you, and major decisions! We will be keeping you in our prayers, just keep listening to what God is telling you in your heart. I know it is very easy to get distracted by our own desires and others opinions, I'm so happy that you aren't talking to others in the school about this decision, so you can truly listen to solely what God has planed for you.
Love you lots and miss you (I made muffins today!!:))

God Bless,

Ange

Ange said...

Hi there Lisa
Mom and dad are thinking about you alot and you are definitely in our prayers.We miss you alot....We stand back in amazement with what you are doing and the big decision you have to make.Pray alot and search your heart.And God will lead you...and use you where he wants you to be....He watches over all your steps.That is our comfort...we are praying for you too...thankyou for your emails. Love you lots....remember God is there in the good but also during the tough times....Love you lots mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,
We continue to pray for you, and for your big decisions - (maybe the decision has been made by now). We know that God goes with you wherever you go, and He has prepared the place you will go.
Lord, we pray for protection over Lisa as she serves you in very difficult circumstances. Bless Lisa in her time of learning, worship and prayer. Bless her with friendship and joy; bless her with Your presence, Your leading and guiding. Be all that she needs!
Lisa, thanks for your sharing, and your facebook messages. We miss you lots - and we're praying for you.
Love, Mrs. L

leanne said...

hi lisa!
I found this blog and wanted to follow it so I could pray for you! I am so excited for the opportunities God has in store for you! I know wherever you choose to go, God will use you in amazing ways. I will continue to pray for you! Love you!
Leanne